Here are some interesting facts about laughing.
- The study of humor and laughter is called gelotology.
- When you laugh, your body produces endorphins which serves as a natural pain killer.
- Nitrous oxide or more commonly known as laughing gas is used as anesthesia in dentistry
- Aphonogelia is a rare neurological condition where the sufferer is unable to laugh out loud. No LOL IRL.
- Laughing is good for your health and lowers stress level.
- Animals like dog, rats and primates laugh too.
- Rats like humans have tickle skin. An area of the body that generates laughter more than others.
- Laughter is contagious but it's also very hard to laugh on demand.